Thursday, March 16, 2017

17/03/2017: Expect great events for aquaculture in 2017

by Antonio Garza de Yta

Dear readers of International Aquafeed, I wish you all a very warm greeting and my best wishes for the remainder of 2017
 
Antonio Garza de Yta

For reasons beyond my control I could not write for the latest editions, however, hopefully, I shall be with you continuously from this edition.

This year is undoubtedly full of interesting events, beginning with the North American chapter of the World’s Society of Aquaculture. This is where I am writing and where the economic recovery of the activity is noted, as well as how it has evolved.

I am not really surprised by the number of people involved in the cultivation of bivalve molluscs and all the equipment that is offered for the mechanisation of production systems, the most sustainable form of animal protein production.

Personally, I always thought that these crops did not offer an option for producers of formulated food, but as on many other occasions private initiative and ingenuity showed that I was wrong.

I was impacted by the amount of products that are used fir the substation of algae within the seed-producing laboratories.

I will try some of them in our new experimental laboratory for oyster breeding.

On the WAS side this year we will also have three very interesting events. The first of all will be the world convention in South Africa, which will take place from June 26-30 in Cape Town.

This is the first time that the WAS World Event takes place on the African continent. I hope that this is the first of many and that we will see how Africa begins to produce the levels of aquaculture of which it is capable.

Also, that serves for the formation of the African chapter within this society.


Read the full article HERE.

The Aquaculturists
This blog is maintained by The Aquaculturists staff and is supported by the
magazine International Aquafeed which is published by
Perendale Publishers Ltd

For additional daily news from aquaculture around the world: aquaculture-news

No comments:

Post a Comment